GEICO has been a major sponsor of the Marcie Mazzola Memorial 5K Run/Walk for the past 9 years! They were this year’s “Event Sponsor” and made a VERY generous donation of $5,000. The GEICO Gecko participates every year in the KIDS Fun Run and even ran the full 5K this year.
The foundation is truly grateful for all that GEICO and its team do to help us achieve our mission to help abused and at-risk children!
Walking In Memory of Marcie’s Brother Danny Winter at the September 20, 2015 “Walking To Prevent Suicide” Event at Long Beach, NY.
Many thanks to our friends and supporters who walked to honor Danny and to support this important cause. Pictured are Sue, Betsy, Tina, Jane and Janet.
Hundreds of people turned out for a day to remember loved ones who died by suicide, to celebrate survivors and to spread awareness about this growing issue. For more information go to afsp.org
Thank You For Making A Difference In The Lives Of Children!
As 2014 drew to a close, The Marcie Mazzola Foundation looked back on a year filled with many successes, both large and small. Proceeds from our fundraising events did many wonderful things to positively impact children’s lives. With your help, here’s what was accomplished.
- 35 Huntington YMCA Summer Camp scholarships were established for underprivileged children.
- Funding was provided for 84 children to receive life-saving corrective cleft lip / palate surgery through the Smile Train.
- 25 scholarships were created for children from the Safe Center to participate in the MMF’s Butterfly Strokes Program (in collaboration with Saf-T-Swim) where they learn to swim, gain confidence, learn to trust and heal.
- The Marcie Mazzola Foundation’s “Danny Claus Holiday Program” provided $5,000 worth of toys and Target gift cards to families who are struggling and cannot afford any holiday presents for their children.
The Marcie Mazzola Foundation also provided Grants to the following:
- The Suffolk County Coalition Against Domestic Violence” “Keeping Kids Safe Program”
- Pal-O-Mine Equestrian’s “Creating Alternative Options for Young Men Program”.
- The Long Island Crisis Center’s “Building Healthy Lives Through Education Program”.
- The North Shore Child & Family Guidance Center’s children’s mental health programs.
Although we achieved a great deal last year, there are still so many more children who need our help. Our continued success in helping them is due to the generosity and support that we receive from people like you – kind, compassionate people who know that whether you give a little or a lot, together it makes a tremendous impact.
We would like to invite you to consider joining our efforts. There are many ways to help; make a donation, sponsor an event, join a committee, attend one or more events, tell your friends, family and business associates about the Marcie Mazzola Foundation. Any and all of these will benefit abused and at-risk children.
Donations can be made by check to: The Marcie Mazzola Foundation, 158 Burr Road, Commack, NY 11725 or make your donation here. Please call 631-858-1855 to discuss your interests.
On behalf of the Mazzola family, Board, Committee, Volunteers and those we serve at the Marcie Mazzola Foundation, thank you so very much!